copy-friends_logo3.png
friends_logo1.png

Membership

£5.00

The present station and pier were built just over 100 years ago, in 1903, by the Caledonian Railway Company, doubling the number of platforms and steamer berths of the previous structures. The architect, James Miller, and Donald Matheson, Chief Engineer of the Railway Company, were the men responsible for its design. An Edwardian masterpiece, it was the last of the Clyde railway piers to be built, and now the only one remaining. It well deserves it Grade-A architectural listing, with its sinuous, graceful curves, and elegant glass canopies, still protecting passengers coming off the trains and heading down for the boat connection to Rothesay on the beautiful Isle of Bute.

Category:

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Membership”